Select to view content in your preferred language

Credits continued accruing while licenses weren't renewed?

Jump to solution
04-10-2023 12:26 PM
JenniferHaskamp
New Contributor

Hi all,

My account wasn't active from December - now, so about 4-5 months. I didn't realize that the credits (from storing data) would continue to accrue and now I'm thousands of credits in the hole.

I called and asked if my account could be reset, since I wasn't using it, but no luck there.

Is it normal for ESRI to continue to using credits while my account wasn't active? Is there a way to "reset" my credits again?

Thanks for any insight.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

Yes,  this is what I would expect. You are paying for cloud storage - and your items are still stored after your subscription lapsed. In some ways, this is better than having your items all deleted automatically when your subscription ended?

There are lots of mechanisms to help reduce credit usage and put in alerts. Happy to answer questions around this.

If you want this to be resolved, you could try your luck with Esri customer Service. Say you are interested in renewing your personal use subscription but were hoping the credits could be reset.

If this doesn't pan out, you could consider starting a new subscription. Not ideal but technically solves part of your issue.

If you use a lot of credits, you can buy them in blocks of 1,000. Maybe inquire if you can get less if they don't feel up to resetting your credit balance.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

Yes,  this is what I would expect. You are paying for cloud storage - and your items are still stored after your subscription lapsed. In some ways, this is better than having your items all deleted automatically when your subscription ended?

There are lots of mechanisms to help reduce credit usage and put in alerts. Happy to answer questions around this.

If you want this to be resolved, you could try your luck with Esri customer Service. Say you are interested in renewing your personal use subscription but were hoping the credits could be reset.

If this doesn't pan out, you could consider starting a new subscription. Not ideal but technically solves part of your issue.

If you use a lot of credits, you can buy them in blocks of 1,000. Maybe inquire if you can get less if they don't feel up to resetting your credit balance.

0 Kudos