Create multipart features OR Merge features to create multipart lines

06-21-2022 05:26 PM
MargoTercier
New Contributor II

Hi everyone, 

Our fieldworkers need to be able to create multipart lines in the Field Maps app OR the person at the office needs to be able to merge features to create multipart lines. The fieldworkers solely use the Field Maps app and the person at the office only has access to ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Enterprise. They all have limited knowledge of GIS.

This means that I need to set up something either in the Field Maps app or in ArcGIS Online, so they can create multipart features without having to use ArcGIS Pro. I have been looking at widgets in the Web App and been looking at VertiGIS but so far I have not found anything. 

I would be grateful if you could please help me with this. 

Thanks, 

Margo 

2 Replies
Mondi_GIS
Occasional Contributor

We need this functionality too. We often have fire incidents that are made up of multiple polygons.

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I think multipart is long gone.  I asked around a few months ago for a project and there seems to be 0 interest in adding it to the field apps.

I was able to simulate it but having my forms all relate back to the geometry - this means its a M:1.  That is not actually supported but I made the relate in reverse then turned off filtering of related type in Field Maps and it all does work. 

Bit of a workaround but it has been successful.  Hope that helps. 

0 Kudos