Constrain Edits in AGO

Jump to solution
07-07-2021 12:56 PM
Labels (1)
SarahHartholt
Occasional Contributor III

Is it possible to constrain AGOL feature layer edits to a single attribute field? I've been searching for a way to allow a coworkers to populate a flag field in a line feature layer. Editing in map viewer does not seem intuitive and comes with the risk of someone editing the wrong attribute field. It takes quite a few clicks to get into the editing menu (...more -> Edit -> Edit feature -> select feature) and once there my configured pop-ups are not honoured so 20+ attributes can be edited with the flag field listed at the very bottom of the scrolling window. 

My other idea was to use experience builder with a Survey123 widget. The user can click on a line segment and submit a survey that indicates whether that line segment should be flagged by answering a yes/no question. My problem with this approach is that if someone makes a mistake or submits multiple surveys for the same line segment, I won't know which one is authoritative. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

jcarlson_0-1625689692439.png

You can change the per-field editing settings on the Data tab. Just set "editable" to "No" on the fields you don't want changed.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

jcarlson_0-1625689692439.png

You can change the per-field editing settings on the Data tab. Just set "editable" to "No" on the fields you don't want changed.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
SarahHartholt
Occasional Contributor III

Thank you! Works perfectly.

There is one attribute that I cannot change this setting on though. Is there a reason for this?

SarahHartholt_0-1625746701077.png

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Perhaps that is the "display field" for the layer? You might have to look deeper into the service's properties for more information.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos