Configure pop-ups gone from Map Viewer?

Jump to solution
02-03-2022 01:21 PM
RoseF
by
Occasional Contributor

I recently wanted to create a map using the (new) Map Viewer. Some of the layers I want to include in the map are from a service that contains many, many layers. I would like the user to be able to query these layers and get pop-ups of their information. Unfortunately, in the Map Viewer, the options to enable, disable, and configure pop-ups don't exist.

When I open the map in the Classic Map Viewer, however, those options appear for the service. Then, if I save my map in Classic Map Viewer, but move back over to the new Map Viewer, the pop-ups work but can't be configured.

I feel like this functionality was available several months ago -- I had made a different map using the same service -- but it could have been that I was using Classic Map Viewer.

Is the functionality to configure pop ups for services within Map Viewer on the Road Map? Is it going to return any time soon?

Thanks for your help!

Attached are screenshots of the same service in the same map; you can see there are no pop-up related options in Map Viewer (new).

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

This is because the layerType: "ArcGISTiledMapServiceLayer" 

If the layer is a dynamic Map Image Layer or Feature Layer you could enable and configure popups.

We currently do not support popups on tiled layers yet.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Can you share the layer you are seeing this with and I can help out?

0 Kudos
RoseF
by
Occasional Contributor

Thanks! Here's the one I was working with:

https://webmaps.geology.utah.gov/arcgis/rest/services/GeolMap/30x60_Quads/MapServer

Thanks again for your help!

0 Kudos
DanFromWI
New Contributor

Is this what you are looking for?

ConfigPopUp.JPG

RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

This is because the layerType: "ArcGISTiledMapServiceLayer" 

If the layer is a dynamic Map Image Layer or Feature Layer you could enable and configure popups.

We currently do not support popups on tiled layers yet.

RoseF
by
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the letting me know! I'll keep doing it in Map Viewer Classic. I appreciate your help!

0 Kudos