Select to view content in your preferred language

Configure pop-up to not show 'Edited by'

Jump to solution
12-22-2017 08:42 AM
JayHodny
Frequent Contributor

Hi!  I hope this is an easy one.  I am using the Public Parking Local Government solution.  I have configured the pop-ups to not show 'Editor, EditDate, Creator, and CreationDate' in Pro, and double-checked the pop-up configuration settings in the web map for each feature layer to not show these fields.   Whenever I open a pop-up in the parking web map or the web map application, 'Edited by' information is displayed.  There is no need to show this, and it takes up valuable real estate in the pop-up.  Screenshot attached.  What am I missing to suppress displaying this information?  Many thanks.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayHodny
Frequent Contributor

Hi Kelly,

I created the view, but the 'edited by' remained.  Before I went ahead and configured the pop-ups in the view, I dug deeper into the hosted feature layer. I discovered I had left the "Keep track of who created and last updated features." checked on in the item's setting page.  I unchecked the box, and the issue went away.  I am new to feature views, so your suggestion was useful as well.

Happy New Year!

Jay

View solution in original post

14 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Alum

Hi Jay,

The last edited by information appears by default in pop ups when the Editor, EditDate, Creator, and CreationDate exist in the feature service. If you want to remove this information iin a public app, create a hosted feature layer view and remove these fields from the view:

Create hosted feature layer views—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

The field will then not be available in the pop up.

-Kelly

0 Kudos
JayHodny
Frequent Contributor

HI Kelly,

Thanks for the information. I will try creating the views for the services.  However, it seems like an additional unnecessary step, as I have all those fields are unchecked in the original service pop-up configuration.  At least that is how I currently understand configuring pop-ups.

Thanks again,

Jay

0 Kudos
JayHodny
Frequent Contributor

Hi Kelly,

I created the view, but the 'edited by' remained.  Before I went ahead and configured the pop-ups in the view, I dug deeper into the hosted feature layer. I discovered I had left the "Keep track of who created and last updated features." checked on in the item's setting page.  I unchecked the box, and the issue went away.  I am new to feature views, so your suggestion was useful as well.

Happy New Year!

Jay

City_of_Maple_ValleyGIS
Occasional Contributor

Where is the "Item's setting page" that you are referencing? I've checked the feature service in Portal and the layers in the original map document that I used to publish the service and can't find anywhere that the "Keep track of who created and last updated features" checkbox exists.

0 Kudos
JayHodny
Frequent Contributor

I am using ArcGIS Online for now (waiting on having ArcGIS for Enterprise brought into the fold).  I found the settings on the feature service Item page.....Settings tab.....scroll down, and click on/off as needed.

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Alum

Hi Jay,

In order to hide the fields in a feature layer view, you will need to ensure that you uncheck the field check boxes using the set view definition. This will have an effect on the layer view, without disabling editor tracking completely.

Manage hosted feature layers—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

-Kelly

0 Kudos
JayHodny
Frequent Contributor

Hi Kelly,

Thank you for the additional information! Much appreciated.

Sincerely,

Jay

0 Kudos
Trippetoe
Frequent Contributor

Hi Kelly Gerrow

The functionality you described above does not seem to be working in the current version of AGOL. 

I am the owner of a hosted feature layer with 'Keep track of who created and last updated features' enabled.  I have created a VIEW on that hosted feature layer, and in the 'Set View Definition > Define Fields' interface i have unchecked the 4 editor fields.  

However, the four editor fields still show up, although unchecked, when i use the Data tab in the View's item details and in the popup on the view's features. 

Any idea what is going on, or what else i need to try? We really don't want the editor/creator info displayed in the popup.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Alum

Thanks for reporting the issue Tom.

I'll look into it now and update the post when i have one. 

Will you be at UC this year?

-Kelly

0 Kudos