Citizen Reporter App with Map Hidden from Public

Jump to solution
06-02-2016 07:49 AM
KristenE
New Contributor III

I'm looking to create mobile app similar to the Citizen Problem Reporter, but with the map and other reports not visible to the public. So the app should be pretty basic, take a photo, report an issue. And then have the map and all the data available behind the scenes for the organization. Another component would be custom alerts that periodically go out to app users. Does something like this exist?

Would downloading the source code for citizen reporter make it possible to create this app?

Would it be better to look for a app builder outside of ArcGIS Online? Any suggestions?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KristenE
New Contributor III

I thought about doing that, but felt like it would look odd to the public to see a map and there be no data in the map. I wound up using an AppStudio free template, Quick Report. It does everything I need except send alerts. It's great because there is no map visible to the app users, the map is only visible behind the scenes using AGOL.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AllisonMuise1
Occasional Contributor III

Kristen Erath​: This is possible with Crowdsource Reporter and Manager. If you add a filter to the layers in the map that is displayed in Reporter that excludes all features, no features will show up in the application, either. Adding the same layer to another map, but not applying the filter will allow you to use an app like Crowdsource Manager to review the submitted issues, including any attachments..

KristenE
New Contributor III

I thought about doing that, but felt like it would look odd to the public to see a map and there be no data in the map. I wound up using an AppStudio free template, Quick Report. It does everything I need except send alerts. It's great because there is no map visible to the app users, the map is only visible behind the scenes using AGOL.

0 Kudos