Changing web maps or toggling layers

06-28-2019 05:57 AM
mettegreve
New Contributor III

I am trying to create a dashboard or a story map where the user can choose an item in a list (plant disease types) and then a map will show with 10 layers (risk maps) that can be toggled on and off. I have 11 categories and 10 layers for each category.

I'm new to a great deal of this, but so far it seems that layers can't be toggled on and off on a story map - I was thinking that my categories could be panes and then each map would show the 10 layers, but that doesn't work, when the layers can't be toggled.

For a dashboard, I was thinking to have the categories as a list and then that would control which map and layers were shown, but that is not possible out of the box either. 

If you have any suggestions on how to do this I would be so grateful.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Mette,

Perhaps you could create a Dashboard for each category, where each Dashboard contains the 10 layers per category. Enable the filtering functionality you want in the Dashboard using Selectors. Then you could "collect" the 11 Dashboards into a single Story Map app. In this way, you would end up with a single app, but within the app - each Dashboard could appear as its own tab.

Some examples:

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos