Changes in Hosted Layer Not Reflected in Public Layer

Jump to solution
04-04-2019 12:04 PM
deleted-user-1_r2dgYuILKY
Occasional Contributor III

This is driving me crazy. I'm adding fields to my Portal/AGOL hosted layers. These changes do not reflect in the public layers in my web map. I have editing enabled, I've save the project in Pro, I've refreshed the Portal, nothing. I've also tried joining fields between the hosted and public layers and it failed. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Have you verified that the fields are adding?

when fields are added to an existing layer, you must go turn them on in existing maps. As web maps are the source of apps that may be in production, the process of changing data that already exists in the map must be intentionally changed to include new fields.

To do this, navigate to your web map, click on configure pop ups and ensure that the newly added fields are checked to be visible and saved.

-Kelly

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Have you verified that the fields are adding?

when fields are added to an existing layer, you must go turn them on in existing maps. As web maps are the source of apps that may be in production, the process of changing data that already exists in the map must be intentionally changed to include new fields.

To do this, navigate to your web map, click on configure pop ups and ensure that the newly added fields are checked to be visible and saved.

-Kelly

0 Kudos
deleted-user-1_r2dgYuILKY
Occasional Contributor III

OK. I finally found them under view definition. I shouldn't have to dig down into the depths to find attribute fields. Way too convoluted. Perhaps AGOL could prompt you when the webmap is opened "New fields have been added to some of your hosted layers, would you like to include them in the map?"

0 Kudos