Change Owner of Collaboration Content

Jump to solution
12-10-2019 01:21 PM
EllenLester
New Contributor III

We have a collaboration that syncs data from our Portal (10.7) to AGOL. When the collaboration creates new items on AGOL, the items are created under my user account (I set up the collaboration.) Is there a way to change the settings so that items are automatically owned by a different user instead? AGOL is the host organization. Items are references, not copies.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ThomasJones1
Esri Contributor

Hello Lester, Ellen‌,

The collaboration uses the credentials of the admin users used to create the collaboration when creating content. To have the collaboration create content owned by a different user you would need to recreate the collaboration with a different admin user.

Alternatively you could create a script that uses the ArcGIS API for Python to reassign item ownership after the collaboration creates the item. 

ArcGIS API for Python - Reassign Item

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Thomas.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ThomasJones1
Esri Contributor

Hello Lester, Ellen‌,

The collaboration uses the credentials of the admin users used to create the collaboration when creating content. To have the collaboration create content owned by a different user you would need to recreate the collaboration with a different admin user.

Alternatively you could create a script that uses the ArcGIS API for Python to reassign item ownership after the collaboration creates the item. 

ArcGIS API for Python - Reassign Item

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Thomas.

0 Kudos
SaraGilbert
New Contributor II

Is this still the case??  This post is from 2019.  I'm wondering if it's easier to transfer content now?

Thanks,

Sara