Category Gallery Applications have stopped working

11-10-2022 10:26 AM
Labels (3)
StevenRiggs
New Contributor II

I have two Category Gallery Applications when I try to view them either from inside the Content screen or with their URLs.   The apps worked last week, so what's changed on the backend servers?

0 Kudos
16 Replies
sarah_maisel
Esri Contributor

Hi Steven,

Thanks for posting! Can you please share the application with us so we can take a look and try to reproduce what you see?  

Thanks,

Sarah

ArcGIS Online Advocacy Lead

0 Kudos
StevenRiggs
New Contributor II

I would rather not share the app link, as the gallery contains confidential client information.  You can reproduce the problem by creating a category gallery instant app, then try to view it when you've published it..

0 Kudos
valenj88
New Contributor III

All of my sidebar quick apps have stopped working too.  Fun!

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Yes there is clearly something going on with the updates from last night:

BUG-000153630  (submitted today)

Some Sidebar Instant apps have stopped working after the November 2022 release. Web maps within the app show "Error. Unable to load [map name]"

There are not clear or consistent steps to reproduce the issue, as creating a new app does not show the behavior and it is only an issue for apps that existed prior to the release.

It seems like adding a Summary to the Instant App via the app Overview page in ArcGIS Online reproduces this behavior.

There is also bad behavior with all of the Living Atlas layers - an 'insufficient permissions' error is thrown upon a webmap save in Map Viewer for ANY of my webmaps.  I have support ticket in

Been working on it ALL DAY

0 Kudos
StevenRiggs
New Contributor II

This is a customer facing app for us. I shouldn't need to go check it every day to make sure it works! I also didn't know ESRI was doing a software update last night.

0 Kudos
sarah_maisel
Esri Contributor

Thank you again for reporting these behaviors! Our goal at each release is to not impact existing workflows and applications, so I do apologize for the impact today. 

Steven, can you please describe the error or include a screenshot to better understand the problem with the Category Gallery app? If you try another browser, does it show the same behavior? We are actively investigating this report so any further info you can provide is a huge help.

Thank you for your diligence in reporting the issue so we can address it quickly.

For awareness of releases in the future, please check your Organization for notifications, make sure to sign up for promotional emails, and subscribe to the status page RSS feed.

0 Kudos
StevenRiggs
New Contributor II

Seems to me that since this software update has broken many things for people, that ESRI should roll back to the previous version, and then work on fixing the bugs in  your sandbox.

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

@sarah_maisel it would appear the fixes for the Sidebar app have occured. The apps' map in both the configuration editor and when launched as a viewer does now load properly.

@MicheleLundeen 

StevenRiggs
New Contributor II

Sadly, the Gallery instant app is still broken, links open to a blank browser window (on multiple browsers). I do have a ticket open with support.

0 Kudos