Cannot Sign In Through ArcMap - No Subscription Detected

02-15-2020 10:34 PM
SarahGlass
New Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to login to ArcGIS through ArcMap, and it is not working for me. I can log in through the Chrome browser on my Desktop just fine (it is through my Google account), but when I try to sign into through ArcMap, I get a message about a scripting error. 

I have read some troubleshooting suggestions on here, but as a newbie, I am really hoping someone can offer suggestions in terms that I can understand.

I ran a connection test and the Latency part of it timed out. I have not ever received a reading on the Route part of it. I do not know what that means... But it was mentioned in response to a similar question, so I thought I'd mention it.

I appreciate the help! I am hoping after I navigate all of the strange login features that I'll be able to learn this all on my own!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Sarah Glass‌,

Thanks for the post. You may have resolved this by now, but if not - it looks like you're running into a bug with social logins in ArcMap. The workaround is here: Bug: Unable to sign in to ArcGIS Online from ArcMap using Google credentials 

Hope this helps,

-Peter

0 Kudos