Cannot open KML files in map viewer, “There was an error“

11-06-2021 05:09 AM
Labels (1)
Kier
by
New Contributor

I am trying to upload a KML export from Google Earth (it’s 5 points) to ArcGIS Content.

I can upload the file just fine, but when I try to open the file in Map Viewer, or I try to import it as a layer into an existing map, I get the following error:

Error - There was an error

I have tried all sorts of KMLs and KMZs, I’ve even googled for Demo KMLs and tried others files. No matter what I cannot open a KML/Z - all I get is this terribly unhelpful error message with no way to trace what is going on!

Does anyone have any idea how I can achieve the simplest of desires - KML import!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
bryandhughes
New Contributor III

Hi Kier. Did you ever figure this out? I am having the same issue and am unable to begin to troubleshoot with the same "there is an error" unhelpful message.

0 Kudos
Kier
by
New Contributor

I have tried again and again. I even hired an expert freelancer who struggled to no avail. I have no hope for a solution, ERSI hasn't helped! Maybe you can try to contact their support staff via the phone, personally I am in a developing country and don't have access to English speaking support. Good luck, I hope you find a solution!

0 Kudos
GeorgeCreaser
New Contributor

Same issue here. Anyone get anywhere figuring this out?

0 Kudos