Can you filter based on previous expressions in the Group Filter widget in Web App builder?

06-18-2019 09:39 AM
GabrielleFausel
New Contributor II

I am developing an application through Web App building in AGOL that includes point data for locations in many different data layers. These locations include a municipal and county field. I am using the Group Filter widget to allow the user to filter all of the data in the app by county and/or municipality (the regular filter widget doesn't allow you to select multiple layers).  The first filter allow you to select a county and another allows you to select a municipality. It works fine. What I'm trying to do is have the municipal filter refine based on the county you select. 

Example: County is= CAMDEN. The filter applies. Then you move to the municipal drop down list of values and instead of over 600 municipalities, only the municipalities in Camden would appear. As it is right now, you can apply both filters but it treats them as separate filters. You can have the points filtered to one county but also a municipality that is not even in that county. 

The group filter widget does not seem to have the capability to "filter based on previous expressions" like the regular filter widget does. Does anyone have a workaround for this, or could I be missing something?

1 Reply
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

If this is not possible with the Web App Builder widgets, can it be added to the functionality of Experience Builder widgets?

0 Kudos