Can The Smart Editor Widget Create More Than 10 Feature Templates?

09-22-2020 01:55 PM
JoshSaad
New Contributor III

I have a feature class for Response Facilities that I've symbolized into 37 categories.

However, the Smart Editor only allows users to choose 10 categories when creating new features.

Is there a way to allow more than 10, preferably at least 37 feature templates to the Smart Editor?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Josh,

Thank you for your question.

There are no limitations to the number of feature templates that can be shown in Smart Editor.

A few things may be at play here. The Smart Editor widget will display the templates as they were published with your service. Changes made to the layer symbology directly into the web map may not be instantly reflected in the Smart Editor template picker. This is a known limitation for this widget.

A few options you may want to try to see if it helps:

1. If changes to the symbology were made in the web map, make sure you save the layer in the web map after making the symbology changes and then save your web map again.

2. If changes were made from the feature layer's visualization tab, the changes should be reflected in your web map and web app once you refresh.

Note you may need to refresh your Smart Editor configuration for changes to be reflected.

I hope either of these options helps with what you are trying to do!

Otherwise, please provide more details on how you have configured your layer symbology and we can look for another workaround.

Regards,

Alix

JoshSaad
New Contributor III

Thanks.  I found that even though all the templates were listed in the map, they weren't all being displayed in the Smart Editor.  I tried changing the properties of one of the templates, and they all appeared in the Smart Editor.

0 Kudos
CynthiaKozma
Occasional Contributor II

I am having the same problem.  I have added more symbols to my feature layer and they show up in the legend - every where but on the template.  Did you ever get yours to work?

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

The Smart Editor widget will display the templates as they were published with your service. Changes made to the symbology directly into the web map (including labels) may not be reflected in the template picker in Smart Editor as you've described.

You will need to save the symbology changes against the layer or change the symbology directly in the visualization tab before adding it to your web map.

Please review the reply provided here for more details on doing this: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-web-appbuilder-questions/does-symbology-derived-from-an-arcade-...

0 Kudos