ArcGIS Pro version 2.3 Patch 2 (2.3.2) running on Window Server 2008
I configured Pro to work offline, but now I want to check my license back in. When I try to uncheck the "Authorize ArcGIS Pro to work offline" box, I get the error in the attached screenshot. Please advise how to get my user license back online. I have no problem uninstalling Pro from this machine, but I'm not sure that would check the license back in.
I'm not sure why the error message is saying: "Portal is no longer accessible". Pro is signed into (see other attached screenshot) the very same Portal it's saying is "no longer accessible".
And yes, I am currently signed into Portal as the same user as when I checked the license out.
Solved! Go to Solution.
You can try an uninstall/reinstall as I've seen that fixing this error before, but ultimately if that doesn't work,. I recommend opening a tech support case in case the license needs to be reset!
Just to check Donald, did you try to sign back in on the same machine that you signed Pro out on? The machine is the key, you have to check pro out and back in on the exact same machine
Something just doesn't sound right. I would contact Esri support to have an analyst run down the issue with you. It may come down to having your license reset. In that case, a representative from Customer Service will need to do that for you anyway.
I agree, this is a bug. I just had a case with ESRI, they could not reproduce. I don't get the same error (I did on a machine which I upgraded while having a borrowed license, actually a bad idea should have returned before upgrade) but I do have my licenses not returning from others who take offline. I can uncheck the borrow box, reconnect to my licensing portal and everything looks good in the client, but on my license manager (2019.2) it would still show that PC/Host had a borrowed license. Interesting thing - once the offline is complete the borrowed license does not show the user who borrowed it. Then it appears my only option is to wait for it to expire. While not able to do enough to get help from ESRI at this time, I think this will eventually make it to bug status. There is a flaw in the return process for sure. Meanwhile I continue to look for ways to reproduce it so ESRI might be able to on their side. I also was not able to make a difference returning it as an admin, but truth was it was already returned by the user, just check-in/receipt/release not completed by the license server.