Can't edit labels

04-28-2022 04:28 PM
Labels (3)
SayedWali
New Contributor III

Hi All,

I have hosted layers with point geometry and loaded them on my map. Some of the layers in the legend, do not have labels and have no idea how to edit them. Data for these layers are collected through Survey123.

Is there a way to add labels or edit these point labels in the legend? Any idea will be appreciated.

Below is a snapshot of the two layers:

SayedWali_1-1651188216773.png

0 Kudos
6 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It should be accessible in the symbology settings.

jcarlson_0-1651238275743.png

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
SayedWali
New Contributor III

In symbology, If I choose a field, then based on that I can edit labels. But I want to have a label for the layer without choosing a field in the symbology.

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Maybe just have your symbology set to an expression, and have the expression just return "true"? Seems an odd workaround, but that might be all you can do.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
3raan
by
New Contributor III

Hi @SayedWali, the circled item in your screenshot is the symbol according to selected fields. Not the layer. "EOD Field Assessment" is the layer in this case. Can you provide a screenshot what appears when you select the style settings for the "EOD Field Assessment" layer?

0 Kudos
SayedWali
New Contributor III

Hi @jcarlson  and @3raan 

Let me explain better, we are a third party monitoring org for demining agencies. For each activity, I have one layer, so I added them to a single map, I selected one specific style for each layer (selected no other field). So now for some layers, I have a label beside the symbol but for some layers there is nothing. I can't add or edit labels for them.

If I choose a field in style setting, yeah I can put labels and edit them.

So here I put a screenshot (you see the layers, each is one type of activity):

SayedWali_0-1651258472436.png

And here is the Style setting, you can observe that I have not selected any field:

SayedWali_1-1651258590459.png

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

If these are just point feature classes in hosted feature layer, is there some reason you can't set the style the same as the other layers that are working as intended?

Can we get a screenshot of a layer that IS the way you want it to display for comparison?

R_

0 Kudos