Can not save Portal web maps

Jump to solution
07-13-2020 08:12 PM
LaurentPondevie
New Contributor III

My users can not save their Portal web maps. The save icon is missing from map. User has 'Data Editor' role with 'Field Worker' User Type.

• Basemaps are ESRI default
  • I'm running ArcGIS Server 10.8

Thanks in Advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Laurent,

The Data Editor and Field Worker user types don't have the ability to create content - the accounts would need to have the Creator user type or higher, or a customer user role with the ability to create and own content:

User types, roles, and privileges—Portal for ArcGIS (10.8) | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise 

Cheers,

Chris

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Laurent,

The Data Editor and Field Worker user types don't have the ability to create content - the accounts would need to have the Creator user type or higher, or a customer user role with the ability to create and own content:

User types, roles, and privileges—Portal for ArcGIS (10.8) | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise 

Cheers,

Chris

0 Kudos
LaurentPondevie
New Contributor III

Right gotcha….should of read the documentation a little better!

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Glad to hear the information was of use - please mark the comment as the answer if there's nothing else the community can help with so other can see the question as resolved.

For me these user types are great - they were introduced to help bridge the editing needs between Viewer and Creator accounts. For field data collection workflows means we get access to the mobile apps without having to assign a full creator license. However having more options does bring some complexity!

0 Kudos