Select to view content in your preferred language

Can images uploaded to AGOL be used in Map Journal?

Jump to solution
01-30-2015 10:49 AM
CrystalSchiffbauer-Bowles1
New Contributor III

I have been trying to get some images that I have in my AGOL account in the Map Journal, however I continue to get an error stating that the image is not valid or the path is not correct. They are png images. Is there a workaround or a way to use the images in my AGOL within the Map Journal?

I appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Crystal Bowles

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
New Contributor III

All right people, I think we figured it out. Tile caching was not the issue, and neither were any of the other options that can be added to a profile (Network Analysis, Spatial Analysis, GeoEnrichment, Demographics, Elevation Analysis), which to me seems like it would be like ArcView compared to Editor, more capabilities.

Well, what we found is that your file name should contain only Alpha and Numeric characters or underscores "_". My original images were extracted from a pdf and contained all sorts of ridiculous characters. KISS.

Happy Mapping!

Crystal.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
New Contributor III

All right people, I think we figured it out. Tile caching was not the issue, and neither were any of the other options that can be added to a profile (Network Analysis, Spatial Analysis, GeoEnrichment, Demographics, Elevation Analysis), which to me seems like it would be like ArcView compared to Editor, more capabilities.

Well, what we found is that your file name should contain only Alpha and Numeric characters or underscores "_". My original images were extracted from a pdf and contained all sorts of ridiculous characters. KISS.

Happy Mapping!

Crystal.

0 Kudos