Can I set just one layer in a Feature Layer to be uneditable?

Jump to solution
10-22-2019 02:10 PM
ManuelaButuc
New Contributor

I am publishing a Web Feature Layer with multiple sub-layers straight from ArcGIS Pro. Under Configuration, I can enable editing for the overall Feature Layer, but not for specific sub-layers. Is there a way to enable/disable editing for specific sub-layers?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

four ways to do it. 

One, set the pop ups in pro and make every attribute in the feature read only. That  is easy.

two publish two services. One as a Feature Service and one as not a feature service. Have those you do not want to edit in the not feature service.  i.e. as a map image

Three from the web app configure the pop ups and make all fields not editable

Four from the web app expand the feature you do not want editable by clicking on the three dots to the right and click on disable editing.

I feel the best option is to publish two Map Services. One with edit capability and the other with out. That way you won't have to worry about settings again when you need to republish.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

four ways to do it. 

One, set the pop ups in pro and make every attribute in the feature read only. That  is easy.

two publish two services. One as a Feature Service and one as not a feature service. Have those you do not want to edit in the not feature service.  i.e. as a map image

Three from the web app configure the pop ups and make all fields not editable

Four from the web app expand the feature you do not want editable by clicking on the three dots to the right and click on disable editing.

I feel the best option is to publish two Map Services. One with edit capability and the other with out. That way you won't have to worry about settings again when you need to republish.

ManuelaButuc
New Contributor

So you mean basically 2 separate feature layers, one published with editing capabilities, the other one without. That's what I ended up doing yesterday and I think it works ok. Map image I don't think would work in my case. Disabling editing on a layer did make it not editable for me, but other people in my organization were able to edit, so not sure if that actually works. 

I have not tried the first option yet, I'll look into it.

Thanks for your answer!

0 Kudos
Y_Chau
by
Occasional Contributor

Hello, I ran into a similar situation. What does these settings do? I tried to disable attributes and geometry edits from here but I can still perform edits in Field Maps.

AGOL1.JPG

Sincerely

0 Kudos