Can I label or symbolize my features using the 'Photos and Files' column?

07-03-2018 04:19 PM
BenVan_Kesteren1
Occasional Contributor III

Hey All, 

I have created a Web Map using ArcGIS Online, and I have been collecting features using the collector map, and I would now love to symbolize or create a label showing which features have a photo attached. 

It seems the field Photos and Files is not available in the filter window, and same when I try to symbolize.

But basically I would love for my points to be a tiny dot if it has a photo attached, otherwise I would like the point to stand out to the user, indicating it needs attention.

Has anyone worked out how to symbolize OR label based on Photos and Files field?

Cheers

6 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

How would you symbolize this? As two values, does this feature have an attachment, Yes = one symbol, No = a different symbol. Would you want to symbolize by another field in addition to highlighting if there is a license or not?

0 Kudos
BenVan_Kesteren1
Occasional Contributor III

Hey, 

Yeah so if I could simply have a label at each feature, and that label shows the number of attachments that feature has associated to it.

In addition to this, could I highlight all my features as Red Dots, then as soon as someone has attached/collected a photograph that symbology changes to green, indicating this feature has been tended too.

They are columns in my table, but they are not 'interactive' like my other columns are. I think this would be a fantastic feature (if it isnt already possible, and I just cannot work out how?).

Cheers

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow

Thanks for the details Ben!

Unfortunately this isn't possible currently, but sounds like a good feature. I'll share it with the development team but would also suggest logging an idea on the ideas site so others can share their use cases.

VanessaPocock
New Contributor III

Yes please! We are using the Crowdsource Reporter for Local Government and want to filter out any responses with attachments from public view. If we could access this field in AGOL it would save a lot of effort on a work around.

KellyGerrow

Thanks for your feedback Vanessa,

Currently you can create a feature layer view and disable attachments from the view:

Manage hosted feature layers—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

We are working on some additional Arcade tools in the future to interact with attachments in a future release.

-Kelly

0 Kudos
VanessaPocock
New Contributor III

Hi Kelly,

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately we tried using a view, but the local gov solution only works when the hosted feature supporting the crowdsource reported points is active in the map view. The hosted view does not work as a substitute in this case. 

Vanessa

0 Kudos