Can a Dashboard show a count of a unique value?

Jump to solution
11-08-2020 05:53 PM
JasonSmolinski
New Contributor III

I have over 100 students generating data using QuickCapture.  All of their data feeds into 1 map which I have in a Dashboard.

With so many users submitting multiple data points in QuickCapture, I want an indicator in my Dashboard that gives me the total number of users who have submitted.  Something like a Count of the number of unique values in the Creator field.

I cannot figure out how to do this.  Its either something really obvious I'm missing or its only possible to count values or total items, not number of unique values.  I figure it has to be possible since the Chart element can graph by user, and the Filter options allow me to filter by user, so surely I can Count the number of unique users.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayJohnsonWashoeCounty
Occasional Contributor III

Jason,

The "unique value count" functionality for indicator widgets is available in the Dashboard Beta, but not in the classic dashboards AFAIK.  Check out this blog:

Making it Count with the ArcGIS Dashboards Beta 

Vivek Malleshappa

I too have run into the situation where functionality that is available in one type of dashboard widget (i.e. value conversion for indicators) is not available in a different type of widget (i.e. serial chart has no value conversion).  So don't assume that there is parity of functionality between widgets.

Jay

Jay
Washoe County GIS

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JayJohnsonWashoeCounty
Occasional Contributor III

Jason,

The "unique value count" functionality for indicator widgets is available in the Dashboard Beta, but not in the classic dashboards AFAIK.  Check out this blog:

Making it Count with the ArcGIS Dashboards Beta 

Vivek Malleshappa

I too have run into the situation where functionality that is available in one type of dashboard widget (i.e. value conversion for indicators) is not available in a different type of widget (i.e. serial chart has no value conversion).  So don't assume that there is parity of functionality between widgets.

Jay

Jay
Washoe County GIS
JasonSmolinski
New Contributor III

This is exactly what I needed!  Thank you!

0 Kudos