Calculate field values on hosted FS for non-admin/non-owner

Jump to solution
09-09-2020 05:22 AM
VHolubec
Esri Regular Contributor

Dear ArcGIS Online‌ team, Dear all,

we have a hosted FS on AGOL. There we have several fields - one of the fields is filled by Calculate field option on field.

The problem is that we need more user to be able to re-calculate it. By the documentation, the owner and administrator only can do that.

We cannot use virtual Arcade field because this field is used then in Dashboard, where Arcade fields are not supported. Also, there is no option to set a "trigger" which would recalculate the field when the input field is changed.

Do you have any experiences how to solve it? Regular task in Notebook is partial workaround since this did not change the data when input is changed. Grant every user with admin is also not a solution.

Thank you for any help or idea.

Regards,

Vladimir

Vladimir
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Vladimír Holubec ,

In the future Attribute Rules should become available in ArcGIS Online and then you would be able to do this, with a trigger on the data. For now you can't do this in ArcGIS Online. Depending on what information you need to have access to in Dashboard, you could validate if the beta of Dashboard could be used for this.

Maybe (I am not sure), there are options using webhooks which was released recently: Create a hosted feature service webhook 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
XanderBakker

Hi Vladimír Holubec ,

In the future Attribute Rules should become available in ArcGIS Online and then you would be able to do this, with a trigger on the data. For now you can't do this in ArcGIS Online. Depending on what information you need to have access to in Dashboard, you could validate if the beta of Dashboard could be used for this.

Maybe (I am not sure), there are options using webhooks which was released recently: Create a hosted feature service webhook 

VHolubec
Esri Regular Contributor

Dear Xander Bakker‌,

thank you for confirmation. It seems that another workaround is ArcGIS PRO - where calculate works fine. 

I post a commnet to idea: https://community.esri.com/ideas/16977, and as you wrote, I hope we get this functionality soon.

Have a great day.

Vladimir

Vladimir
ChristalHigdon_USFS
New Contributor III

"In the future" - any idea of a timeline? We are also needing this functionality and I'm trying to decide how much time to invest in a workaround. Thank you!

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

Hi Christal Higdon ,

Unfortunately, I have no access to any information regarding a possible ETA. I will try to tag Kelly Gerrow, maybe she has some information she can share and I am also tagging the ArcGIS Dashboards Beta group.