Select to view content in your preferred language

Cached Tiles - Gaps at certain scales

06-15-2023 07:46 AM
Labels (1)
EBrayshaw
New Contributor II

Hi all - Wondering if anyone can help me with this!

I've got a load of Digital Terrain Models that I'm working with to upload an elevation layer on to our Enterprise account. On Pro, I make a mosaic dataset, cache it, and upload to Enterprise as a tile package following this workflow Share a tile package—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation .

It is all successful until I bring it up on the web scene and there are tiles that just don't appear. They're not missing data as they appear in other zoom ranges. But obviously having a big chunk just not there is not ideal! I've noticed in the tile status they're not 100% complete - how do we get it to be 100% for all? (All fine on Pro) (Images below).

I've looked at this post Solved: Publishing Tiles from Tile Package Often does not ... - Esri Community and uploaded the tile package as a tpk instead of tpkx but problem seems to be worse!

If anyone has any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks

EBrayshaw_0-1686839829790.png

EBrayshaw_1-1686839941064.png

1 Reply
SonarBATStructureMAPS
New Contributor III

Hello, 

Did you ever resolve this issue? I've been battling disjointed, fragmented extrusion with my elevation tile packages since I started creating them almost a year ago. I've had a ticket open with Esri support since July (2023) with no resolution yet. I'm seeing this in both ArcGIS Pro and in Scene Viewer. The weird thing is that right after I build a new tpkg, it seems to behave for about a day or two then starts to get 'sick' and falling to pieces rather quickly to the point of the tpkg become unusable.

Image 1a - 8035m above 3D terrain - No tiles in terrain model are visable (desite caching tiles a Level 20 in the scale)

1a. HiRes TilePkg falls apart1 8035m.png

Image 1b - 6045m above terrain, half the tiles in the area in focus display with the upside-down V wall at cut off point.

1b. HiRes TilePkg falls apart1 6045m.png

Image 1c - 4089m above terrain, more tiles missing, some show back up,

1c. HiRes TilePkg falls apart1 4899m.png

Image 2a - 4764m above terrain, shot taken over seemingly stable area of model.

2. HiRes TilePkg falls apart 4764m.png

Imgae 2b - 4279m above terrain - zoom in a few hundred meters and the entire area in focus show many missing tiles and walls shoot up everywhere.2. HiRes TilePkg falls apart4279.png

Image 3a - 84m above terrain - block of extrued tile on hillside displays.

3a. BIGEYE HOLE Xtruded Tile1.png

Image 3b - Zoom in a 1/4 mouse wheel turn and the the extruded block is gone. Zoom out the same distance, block shoots back up, zoom in same distance, the block is gone.

3b. BIG EYE HOLE TIle Collapsed1.png

0 Kudos