Buffering one selected feature in ArcGIS Online

08-03-2018 08:16 AM
CatherineBradley
New Contributor III

Hello all:  I am trying to create a Dashboard for emergency management practices.  I have a map in ArcGIS Online that I am using to create the Dashboard.  My goal is to have a gauge in the dashboard showing the percentage of closed roads.  My thought is to create a buffer around 1 street segment  that has had a fictitious 18 wheeler accident.  I want to select all the streets in a 1, 2 & 3 mile buffer from that accident site and mark them as "CLOSED".   Marking the streets as "CLOSED" will then show a percentage on my gauge in the dashboard.  However,  I cannot figure out how to buffer only that 1 street segment. 

Another thing I cannot figure out how to select more than 1 features for editing in ArcGIS Online.  In ArcMap, we have that wonderful Select Features tool , but it seems one has to select from the attribute table and run a mass calculation on a field instead of selecting the features from the map and then calculate. Is this Select Features option available in AGOL?  Thank you in advance.   Catherine Bradley

1 Reply
CatherineBradley
New Contributor III

I did not mean to hit "Assumed Answered"  !!  Catherine.

0 Kudos