Select to view content in your preferred language

best workflow/tool to review and update data

Jump to solution
08-08-2023 10:10 AM
mikAMD
by
Frequent Contributor

I'm wondering if anybody can help me find the best way to achieve my goals.

I have set up a Survey123 that users fill up when they go on the field. If something needs a follow up/an intervention of some sort, they check the appropriate field in the form.

Then, when they come back in the office, they can consult the necessary work that needs to be done. When this work is done, they should be able to change some property (checkbox, drop down list, radio button...) that updates the data in the source and thus it won't be shown anymore as "follow up needed".

I had setup a whole dashboard for this but now I realize I guess you can't update the source from it (meaning you can see the work that needs to be done but you can't remove it from this list once the work is done).

Is there another AGOL tool better suited for this?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JenniferAcunto
Esri Regular Contributor

You just need to set up an editing workflow inside your dashboard to edit the original survey. The Survey123 Tricks of the Trade: Embedding a Survey walkthroughs how to set this up. 

- Jen

View solution in original post

4 Replies
David_McRitchie
Esri Contributor

From the sounds of this I do not believe you will be able to update this from the dashboard itself. Instead you will need users to update their survey to change each record to no longer needing a followup.

There are a few ways to do this. Most often I see users do this with Field Maps or edit within the Map Viewer/ Experience Builder. as you can view previous record points and update the relevant fields.

Hope that helps,

David

Esri UK -Technical Support Analyst
mikAMD
by
Frequent Contributor

Thanks @David_McRitchie. I'll have to take a look at Experience Builder!

0 Kudos
JenniferAcunto
Esri Regular Contributor

You just need to set up an editing workflow inside your dashboard to edit the original survey. The Survey123 Tricks of the Trade: Embedding a Survey walkthroughs how to set this up. 

- Jen
mikAMD
by
Frequent Contributor

Thanks @JenniferAcunto, you are my hero! This is exactly what I wanted. 

0 Kudos