Select to view content in your preferred language

Attribute Is Type String In Attribute Table But Displays in Popup As Float

Jump to solution
01-10-2024 05:34 PM
GregReinecke
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

In AGOL Mapviewer I have displayed my point feature map. For the selected point feature the zipcode (ShippingZI) is in string format in the attribute table as "02453", in the Fields list it's a string "abc" type, I have no option to assign decimal places in the Formatting panel BUT in the popup it displays as a 6 decimal place number 2453.000000.  There is no arcade expression in play here either.

StringDecimal.png

I have no idea how this is possible.  Any help would be appreciated and sorry for the horrible graphic.  It likely grabs attention but not a good thing in this case 🙄. Data is a little sensitive and can't be posted.

Thanks in advance,

GR

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisUnderwood
Esri Contributor

Hello @GregReinecke , I've tried this on my ArcGIS Online and it seems to work correctly for me. Is your Schools data a Hosted Feature Layer, or does it Reference an external database etc. If so, please can you give us all the details and versions of that external source.

ChrisUnderwood_0-1704967490410.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ChrisUnderwood
Esri Contributor

Hello @GregReinecke , I've tried this on my ArcGIS Online and it seems to work correctly for me. Is your Schools data a Hosted Feature Layer, or does it Reference an external database etc. If so, please can you give us all the details and versions of that external source.

ChrisUnderwood_0-1704967490410.png

GregReinecke
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Chris. It’s a hosted feature layer populated from a shapefile using Update. I checked the shapefile in another GIS and as expected that zipcode is a string/text. I’m sure it’s something on my end so I built an expression to solve my popup issue. No need to burn any more cycles. Thanks again.