Attachment-enabled related tables are not retaining attachments when published as hosted feature service to ArcGIS Online

05-02-2018 12:32 PM
JustinFlannery2
New Contributor

I am trying to publish a service to AGOL to be used for an inspection program.  The service consists of several point feature classes and related tables for keeping an inspection history.  It was my intention to use attachments on the related tables to store photos of the inspection.  I have some previously collected data in one of the tables and added photo attachments to the table.  All of the tables have attachments enabled.

When I publish the service (from ArcMap 10.4.1) the publish succeeds but upon viewing the feature service details, I see that attachments are disabled for all of my tables, and it seems as if none of the attachments were uploaded.

Any thoughts?

Edit:

I zipped the geodatabase and uploaded it directly through the web browser and found the attachments came through this way.  However, I would need to manually reconfigure the service in AGOL rather than the have my settings carry over through the publishing process.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Adding ArcGIS Online‌ for more visibility.

--- George T.
0 Kudos
ElizabethGoetz
New Contributor II

I am having a similar issue. I have a points feature class and a relational table for condition reports. I would like to be able to take pictures as part of my condition reports.

When I publish the web service to my Enterprise Portal as a Global-ID-enabled relationship without enabling attachments, my relational data shows up in the Portal, I can view relational data in a web map, and I can add relational data via Collector.

If I create a relationship between my feature class and my relational table, then enable attachments on the relational table, it breaks the relationship between the feature class and the relational table. 

If I enable attachments on the relational table first, then create the relationship with my feature class, it seems to work fine, and shows up both in the Portal and in Collector. My pictures are being captured related to the reports, and they show up in Collector and ArcGIS Pro, but I'm not seeing them in Portal.  

0 Kudos
AndresCastillo
MVP Regular Contributor

Justin, can you clarify:

"I zipped the geodatabase and uploaded it directly through the web browser and found the attachments came through this way.  However, I would need to manually reconfigure the service in AGOL rather than the have my settings carry over through the publishing process. "

How did you upload a zipped gdb directly through browser?

What do you mean by manually reconfigure service in AGOL?

(Using ArcGIS Online Assistant can help you maintain web map config settings by taking a copy of the web map json and pasting/modifying url's where you might need it.)

0 Kudos