Attachement Photos no longer converted to media in Dashboard Details Widget

Jump to solution
07-26-2021 05:38 PM
BenjaminBlackshear
New Contributor III

In Dashboards Classic the details widget treated attachments as media so they filled the widget boundaries and provided a nice large image:

BenjaminBlackshear_0-1627345817599.png

there was also the option to include a link to the attachment:

BenjaminBlackshear_3-1627346130963.png

This is not the case in the new dashboards and the only way attachments can be viewed in the widget is through a small thumbnail and link by toggling on the attachments:

BenjaminBlackshear_1-1627345899030.png

BenjaminBlackshear_2-1627346107559.png

Is this a bug or an intentional change in functionality?

I would like to be able to show large photos in the details widget without having to revert to dashboards classic since I need data expressions functionality of the new dashboards as well.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamieLambert
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @BenjaminBlackshear,

If you open your map in Map Viewer (not Classic), select your layer and go to 'Configure pop-ups', turn 'Show as list' off.

Then in your Dashboard, for the Details element, turn 'Attachments' on (rather than 'Media').

Dashboard-Images-Config.png

It seems like this doesn't always work though I don't know why. May depend on the data source?

Hope this helps you at least!

Jamie.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JamieLambert
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @BenjaminBlackshear,

If you open your map in Map Viewer (not Classic), select your layer and go to 'Configure pop-ups', turn 'Show as list' off.

Then in your Dashboard, for the Details element, turn 'Attachments' on (rather than 'Media').

Dashboard-Images-Config.png

It seems like this doesn't always work though I don't know why. May depend on the data source?

Hope this helps you at least!

Jamie.

BenjaminBlackshear
New Contributor III

That worked for me, thanks so much!