Attached files not accessible in ArcGIS Online

01-28-2019 12:53 PM
DaveHUWE
New Contributor

I have created a map in ArcPro. It has a polygon feature class, F1. A standalone table (T1) is related to that. A second standalone table (T2) is related to T1. Both of the standalone tables have attachments enabled.  I can select a feature in F1, open it in the Attributes window, select the corresponding row in T1, open that up, and select the corresponding row in T2. For either of the tables, I can open the attribute table, right-click, and select Manage Attachments. From that window, I can open the associated files for the rows in the tables and view the files that have been attached. So far, so good. Now I share the map as a web map to ArcGIS Online. I can select a feature in F1, select Show Related Records in the pop-up, see the related row in T1, and see the number of attachments under Photos and Files. When I click on Show under Photos and Files, I get the Photos and Files pop-up. It shows me the attached files, and their size. When I click on any one of those filenames, a new tab on my browser opens up with:

Server Error

404 – File or directory not found.

The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

I get the same problem when I try to look at the attached files in T2.

One thing that might be affecting this sharing might be that I created the map originally in ArcMap. When I had trouble sharing the map from ArcMap (error 001270), I tried adding the data to an ArcPro project and sharing from ArcPro.

I haven’t found any discussions on why attachments get lost in the sharing process. Any suggestions on what I can do to discover why I’m not able to open attachments?

Thank you.

Dave

0 Kudos
0 Replies