ArcGIS Web Service to AGOL

07-12-2016 12:33 PM
DaveTenney
Occasional Contributor III

all

please see the image below, i am trying to add a service that i published to server to our AGOL organization.

It seems to be stuck on this page for a few hours now, i will admit this is my first attempt, not sure how low this service should take to publish to AGOL.

any and all input is greatly appreciated!

agol.JPG

thanks

Dave

Desktop 10.2.2

Server 10.2.2

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Dave,

It looks like you are registering an already published ArcGIS Server service with ArcGIS Online. This process should not take very long, definitely no more than one minute.

I would suggest refreshing the page and trying again, if the service didn't add.

If you continue to run into this issue, try monitoring the requests with a web debugging tool like developer tools or fiddler. I would also recommend contacting Esri Technical Support​, Esri Support Contact Tech Support

-Kelly

0 Kudos
DaveTenney

so i checked a few things on the server end and i had the folder that the service was sitting in locked down. as soon as i unlocked that folder it uploaded fine.

it would be nice if i could lock down the folder so other couldnt access it, but every time i do that AGOL is unable to access the service. is there a best practice you could recommend?

thanks

dave

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi David,

Your service can be secured and added to ArcGIS Online. It seems like there may be an issue with communication between ArcGIS Online and your ArcGIS Server to store the credentials.

Try contacting technical support. They will be able to troubleshoot the issue to determine why you can't add these services when you should be able to.

-Kelly

0 Kudos
DaveTenney

so after digging into the issue a little more...

when loading secure services into AGOL the process does not like remembered usernames and passwords.

as soon as i cleared out my history, included the saved passwords and manually entered the info to load the service....BINGO!

figured i would let everyone know, in case anyone else runs into this issue.

Dave