ArcGIS Pro: Named User License offline - how to retrieve

Jump to solution
02-28-2021 09:22 PM
TilmannSteinmetz2
Occasional Contributor

A recently departed ArcGIS Online user in our organization has taken their ArcGIS Pro Named User License offline (they are provisioned via ArcGIS Online) and I believe the Laptop has already been "refreshed" (re-imaged with a new Windows 10) by our IT department. When I try to "Deselect" the ArcGIS Pro License in the User Management dialogue in ArcGIS Online, it tells me that I can't go ahead with unassigning the license because it has been taken offline.

What's the best-practice way to return the ArcGIS Pro license into our license pool?

What would happen if I deleted the user account? - does that return the license?

Thank you for any help,

Tilmann

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

I'm afraid there is not much you can do to the license or account when it has taken the license offline.  You will need to contact Esri Customer Service to have a representative manually clear the account of the offline license.  

View solution in original post

AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

The scenario you mentioned cannot happen because the system will not allow you to delete a member if it has taken a license offline.  An attempt in such a case will trigger a pop-up message indicating the message.  

View solution in original post

5 Replies
AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

I'm afraid there is not much you can do to the license or account when it has taken the license offline.  You will need to contact Esri Customer Service to have a representative manually clear the account of the offline license.  

ArmandoFreites
New Contributor III

Hello I have a similar problem. Activate work offline on my laptop, but the disk deteriorated irretrievably without giving me the opportunity to return to work connected to the network. Now I can't get back into ArcGIS Pro.  

What is the official email of Esri Customer Service, in Peru the service is very poor, they rarely help. PLEASE

0 Kudos
TilmannSteinmetz2
Occasional Contributor

Thanks -

I've got our distributor to look into it and they've 'released' the license lock, so now I have been able to de-allocate those licenses from the Named User Accounts they were connected with.

Out of curiosity: does anyone know what would have happened if I had just _deleted_ the named users in ArcGIS Online? Would that free up those licenses - or would they be lost for good?

Tilmann

0 Kudos
AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

The scenario you mentioned cannot happen because the system will not allow you to delete a member if it has taken a license offline.  An attempt in such a case will trigger a pop-up message indicating the message.  

TilmannSteinmetz2
Occasional Contributor

Okay, yes - I guess that makes sense! Thanks!

0 Kudos