ArcGIS Online Web Scene Blank Popup

Jump to solution
05-10-2018 08:29 AM
PamBond1
New Contributor III

I am trying to create my very first web scene and already running into problems.  The map contains one point, one line, and one polygon feature layer.  The popups for the point and polygon data are working just fine but the popups for the line features are all blank.  I have the popups set just to show the trail name so not complicated.  Anyone else having this same issue?

Web Scene Link

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RalucaNicola1
Esri Contributor

Hi Pam,

as far as I can tell this happens because in your list of types you have a type id that is null. See: https://services1.arcgis.com/WHM6qC35aMtyAAlN/ArcGIS/rest/services/Boise_Parks_Trails_Open_Data/Feat...  -> the first type in the list. I don't think you need that type as there is no name, no description attached to it? Try to remove it and republish the item and the popup should show up.

However, this is also a bug on our side, we should just ignore a null value for the type. I opened up an issue, thanks for reporting!

Raluca

View solution in original post

6 Replies
RalucaNicola1
Esri Contributor

Hi Pam,

as far as I can tell this happens because in your list of types you have a type id that is null. See: https://services1.arcgis.com/WHM6qC35aMtyAAlN/ArcGIS/rest/services/Boise_Parks_Trails_Open_Data/Feat...  -> the first type in the list. I don't think you need that type as there is no name, no description attached to it? Try to remove it and republish the item and the popup should show up.

However, this is also a bug on our side, we should just ignore a null value for the type. I opened up an issue, thanks for reporting!

Raluca

PamBond1
New Contributor III

Thanks Raluca.  I went through and cleaned up some attribute fields and turned off some unneeded fields before re-publishing and you are exactly right, it works now.  I appreciate your quick response.  I will keep this in mind for when I publish other services in the future.

0 Kudos
RalucaNicola1
Esri Contributor

Awesome, happy that it works. We'll also get it fixed to not choke on null values. Thanks for sharing.

0 Kudos
VictoriaBeckley1
New Contributor II

I'm having a somewhat similar issue, but it's more a discrepancy between my web app that I've downloaded and transferred to my web server, and my original web scene. My multipatch layer in the webscene has working pop-ups, but when I open it in the web app on my web server they are empty. I republished with the ID field turned on, assuming it's absence was the issue, but that didn't solve it.

Also, I had previously published this same data through the same process and had the pop-ups work in the same web application. So I'm not sure what happened in my most recent publication of it, but do you have any ideas??

The web app is here: ArcGIS Web Application 

The web scene is here: Scene Viewer 

Thank you!

Victoria

0 Kudos
RalucaNicola1
Esri Contributor

Is the data protected? I don't have access to the apps you posted. It would be super useful to be able to look at the apps, otherwise I'm really not sure what it is. Is it a Web AppBuilder application?

If the data is not public could you create a small repro case with some fake data?

0 Kudos
VictoriaBeckley1
New Contributor II

Hey Raluca, I was able to resolve the issue. Thank you!

0 Kudos