ArcGIS Online tile layer not visible in arcScene

01-26-2022 03:03 PM
NickMantegna
New Contributor II

Hi,

I published a tile layer from arcPro to my arcGIS online account.  The tile layer was created from a .tif that is viewable in my arcPro arcScene.  I can also view the tile layer in arcGIS online map viewer.  When I try to view the tile layer in an arcGIS online scene, arc recognizes that I have a layer in the dataframe, but the layer is not visible.  How do I make my tile layer visible in an arcGIS online scene?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

@NickMantegna does your tile layer conform to the tiling schema guidelines as set out here?

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/sharing/analyzer-error-messages/00234-layer-s-tiling-s...

Also, did you use a standard AGOL/Bing tiling scheme? How many levels did you cache? Are you adding it to the scene as a basemap?

Are you working with a Global or Local Scene?

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/create-maps/choose-global-local-scene.htm 

David
..Maps with no limits..
0 Kudos
NickMantegna
New Contributor II

Hi David,

Strangely when I opened the online arc scene a moment ago the tile layer is now visible in my scene dataframe.  Maybe the tile layer needed multiple hours to finish its publication onto the arcGIS online service due to the large file size.

To answer your questions:

Yes the tiling conformed to the schema.

I used the arcGIS Online / Bing / Google  tiling scheme.

I am unsure what you mean by "how many levels" I cached.

I added the tile layer as a layer within the legend of my local scene. 

Thank you for the response,

Nick

0 Kudos
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

Yes if you create a tile layer and publish to AGOL, it does take some time for the tiles to publish into the Hosted Tile Layer. You can check on the progress of the publishing service in the settings of the item.

David_Brooks_0-1643368513462.png

David
..Maps with no limits..
0 Kudos