ArcGIS Online: Tile Layer Not Showing

05-06-2019 06:48 AM
EvanStern
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have a tile layer that I have uploaded from ArcMap to my AGOL account (with 17 layers of detail), and have published it so that it can be added to an online map. However, nothing appears when I try to open the map. Only the topographic basemap shows. The tile layer is of a raster, old aerial maps. I found another thread on here that suggested going to Layer Properties > Data Frame in ArcMap and checking "Extent of data in all layers (default)". However, when I went there, it was already checked off. So, now I am unsure what is causing my tile layer not show. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Evan

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Evan,

Can you share the layer? Did you generate the tiles from a TPK or using ArcgIS Online? On the settings tab, have the tiles been built?

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/manage-data/manage-hosted-tile-layers.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_EC16...

-Kelly

EvanStern
New Contributor II

Hi Kelley,

I've gotten to the point where the raster does show up in ArcMap (I published the tiles). However, I don't want the white box around it. Is there a way to get rid of that or is that the best it will get?

0 Kudos
MelissaNugent1
New Contributor

Hi - did you ever solve this? I'm having  this same problem publishing from ArcMap 10.5.1 to AGOL. 

0 Kudos
DanSirk2
New Contributor II

I had the same problem. I published my tiles from Drone2Map. The link above had the solution.

0 Kudos