Arcgis Online - The layer cannot be added to the map

Jump to solution
09-21-2022 05:02 AM
FlorjanVladi1
New Contributor II

Lately, we are having issues with ArcGIS Online. Layers are having issues in loading in Web Maps/Web Apps, raising an error in loading the layers. When i reload the App/Map the layers that can't be loaded are not the same. Also, when i try to open a single layer sometimes i'm having this issue(not always and not in all layers).
Im not able to understand if the issue is in my data or in the server side.

FlorjanVladi1_0-1663761017016.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

I would recommend opening a support ticket for this case to look at the network traffic in the console for errors and see why these layers are failing to load .

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
KWilliams
New Contributor III

Are these layers being created in the desktop Maps/Pro then being loaded into AGOL? The only thing I can think of is that if they are created outside of AGOL, they are projecting, so they appear good to go, but  the data needs to be defined before loading to AGOL. That's my guess. 

0 Kudos
FlorjanVladi1
New Contributor II

Thnx William,

Yes, basically everything is created in Arcgis Pro and uploaded in AOL. But we have 5 months working with those layers, i dont think it may be the case. My problem is that there are more than 200 and it will takes me a lot of time reloading again. Only if i have no other option i will reload them again, but i dont see anything wrong according best practices from ESRI.

What you mean the data needs to be defined?

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Are you able to clear your browser cache? 

0 Kudos
FlorjanVladi1
New Contributor II

We have tried all, clearing cache, incognito mode, different browsers, different users and different PC. The layers randomly cant be added to the map. And what is strange is per each reload the layers that cant be added are different, not the same layers (otherwise i would chase tho problem of those layers).

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

I would recommend opening a support ticket for this case to look at the network traffic in the console for errors and see why these layers are failing to load .

0 Kudos
FlorjanVladi1
New Contributor II

Thank you Russell, i will proceed in ticked.

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

I have also seen this since the last couple "updates" to AGOL.

Seems it happens a lot more on Chrome than Edge, and is pretty random.  Tried to ty it to AGOL server not functioning properly, but according to the ArcGIS Online Health Dashboard, it always reports it as Green, but, that seems to be the case even when some of the servers aren't responding at all.  So, still could be, but if so, why do some layers in the hosted FS draw, and others say failed to load?

I even pushed new datasets from Pro and add them with the same results.  Random as to which layers within the feature service draw vs. don't.  However, for some reason, they all load into Field Maps app just fine.

Of course, currently they seem to be working fine, so is random enough, no way for me to reproduce for tech support.

I am working in WA state plane, but all my data, basemaps, etc. are in the same SR, and defined.

R_

0 Kudos
FlorjanVladi1
New Contributor II

It was the same in arcgis field maps, but field maps have a reload button, so you could reload broken layers individually. The web map is the worst because all you have is just a popup and nobody reads it but keeps immediately complaining about the missing layers.

However, this issue is fixed by ESRI.

0 Kudos