ArcGIS Online Single Sign on Question

Jump to solution
10-13-2017 10:49 AM
DanSenner
Occasional Contributor

Good Afternoon,I am hoping someone can help out with a question I have about single sign on.  Our organization has single sign on enabled with ArcGIS online.  We noticed that links to maps/apps/galleries redirect our users to the organization home page after signing in, instead of opening the map/app.  This is only happening with Internet Explorer 11 and does not happen with Chrome or Firefox. Unfortunately we cannot change users default browser to Chrome or Firefox and a majority of our users do not have these other browsers.  Is this being caused by the way we have our Single Sign on configured or is this a setting in IE?  Any ideas would be appreciated.  Thought I would try the forum prior to opening a ticket.  Let me know if I can provide additional information to help.

Thanks

Dan

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanSenner
Occasional Contributor

In case this helps anyone else, our IT department added arcgis.com, arcgisonline.com to our Trusted sites here at the district and it took care of this issue.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DanSenner
Occasional Contributor

In case this helps anyone else, our IT department added arcgis.com, arcgisonline.com to our Trusted sites here at the district and it took care of this issue.

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

MMSD_GIS  Q: are you adding them to the Trusted Sites for your enterprise  AGOL, or something local (e.g. IIS)?  Wasn't 100% sure what "here at the district" referred to.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
DanSenner
Occasional Contributor

Hi Rebecca, our Security Administrator added arcgis.com, arcgisonline.com to IE's trusted site list for all of our staff.  Hope that this helps, please let me know if there are any other questions.

Thanks

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Yes, thank you.

0 Kudos