ArcGIS Online Item Keywords List

03-11-2015 07:02 AM
ChristopherBoland
Occasional Contributor

Does anyone know if there is a way to control the keywords that are available when tagging an ArcGIS Online item?

I was scrolling through the keywords available to my organization, and many of them differ simply by capitalization or plural.  We're really like to avoid duplicate keywords for search consistency (especially in open data) and avoid replicating typos in the keyword list.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I​'m not sure whether your can prevent new tags from being created (don't have access right now to check), but you can use some tools to maybe clean things up a bit.  Check out Tools · Esri/ago-admin-wiki Wiki · GitHub   

I haven't worked with this yet ArcGIS Item Information   but think I will...looks like it has potentially good for viewing and editing tags.  I'm away from my office so not able to test this week.

0 Kudos
NeillJobe
Occasional Contributor II

There are free tools for this in Admin Tools for ArcGIS Online along with other tools that will help you manage your Org's content better.

https://marketplace.arcgis.com/listing.html?id=c34019b0623041608df4d06970a7a96a

Hope this helps,

Neill

0 Kudos
ChristopherBoland
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Neil.  I'm looking at this tool now and am experimenting with the Register Services with ArcGIS Online.  I don't know why but I keep getting an "Error 400: invalid URL" even though I'm putting in the correct URL and the tool is recognizing the ArcGIS server's folder structure and services.  Any idea why this is happening?

I only ask you because I'm assuming your company is the developer because of your last name...

0 Kudos
DavidHansen3
New Contributor II

Hey Christopher,

I'm the team lead for the Admin Tools. Thanks for the head's up. We want to look into this immediately. Could you submit a bug report inside of the Admin Tools using the "Request a Tool or Report a Bug" link in the bottom right? If you keep the "send information about your organization with request" box checked, it will allow us to gather some information with the bug report that should let us better address the issue. Also, if you leave a phone number with that bug report, we will contact you and attempt to work through it directly. We always appreciate feedback from our users.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
ChristopherBoland
Occasional Contributor

Thanks David.  I just submitted the Bug Report.

0 Kudos