ArcGIS Online Hydrology Tools

Jump to solution
01-27-2017 11:14 AM
MichaelLohr
Occasional Contributor II

I have used a set of ESRI developed hydrology tools in the past and have a web app that uses them. There was Elevation Profile Generator, a Downstream Trace and a Watershed Basin tool.

Is there a help document somewhere that describes the process of using them in ArcGIS Online, that I can send someone a link to? They still work, I just used the profile generator. I don't think there was a special license to use the tools, like you have to have for Community Analyst, for example. 

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
XiaolongFeng1
New Contributor III

Hi Michael,

If you are asking how to use Hydrology services purely in ArcGIS Online Website. Then we provide some analysis tools for that.

You can access the analysis tools in Map Viewer, or using Web AppBuilder with Analysis Widget configured.

We provide many analysis tools, but there're 3 tools related to Hydrology/Elevation:

Create Viewshed—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

Create Watersheds—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

Trace Downstream—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

To get an overview of ArcGIS Online's Analysis services: Perform analysis—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

If you're a developer, you can access these tools via web APIs. For more information, see the Spatial Analysis Service REST API.

In order to use the analysis tools, the administrator of your organization needs to grant you certain privileges. To use any of the analysis tools, you will need the Spatial Analysis privilege. If the output of your task is a hosted feature service, as opposed to a feature collection, you also need the two following privileges:

• Create, update, and delete content
  • Publish hosted feature

Using a spatial analysis service consumes your organization's credits. For more information on credits, see Service credits overview.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Michael,

> I have used a set of ESRI developed hydrology tools in the past and have a web app that uses them. There was Elevation Profile Generator, a Downstream Trace and a Watershed Basin tool.

I believe you're referring to the Water Delivery Solution tools, Water Delivery | ArcGIS for Water 

And based on the functionality you're describing, I believe its Water Distribution Network solution app,

Water Distribution Network | ArcGIS for Water 

Hope this helps,

MichaelLohr

Thanks Derek, but you are referring to potable water utilities and its delivery systems like underground water pipes and associated infrastructure. I am referring to stormwater related hydrology, a completely different topic. These are tools developed by ESRI for  use in ArcGIS Online for surface water related tasks.

Spatial Analyst I think, has some similar tools.

XiaolongFeng1
New Contributor III

Hi Michael,

If you are asking how to use Hydrology services purely in ArcGIS Online Website. Then we provide some analysis tools for that.

You can access the analysis tools in Map Viewer, or using Web AppBuilder with Analysis Widget configured.

We provide many analysis tools, but there're 3 tools related to Hydrology/Elevation:

Create Viewshed—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

Create Watersheds—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

Trace Downstream—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

To get an overview of ArcGIS Online's Analysis services: Perform analysis—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

If you're a developer, you can access these tools via web APIs. For more information, see the Spatial Analysis Service REST API.

In order to use the analysis tools, the administrator of your organization needs to grant you certain privileges. To use any of the analysis tools, you will need the Spatial Analysis privilege. If the output of your task is a hosted feature service, as opposed to a feature collection, you also need the two following privileges:

• Create, update, and delete content
  • Publish hosted feature

Using a spatial analysis service consumes your organization's credits. For more information on credits, see Service credits overview.

MichaelLohr

Thank you. These are the correct tools I was referring to.

Also, information on the Elevation Profile Generator is found at

http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=4aa7e7ae8b964ee88c78cc261b9faf82 

0 Kudos