ArcGIS Online: How to edit “feature access layer” while working in Map Viewer of ArcGIS Online?

Jump to solution
03-06-2020 10:49 PM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

ArcGIS Online: How to edit “feature access layer” while working in Map Viewer of ArcGIS Online?

For example, in the screenshot below, I wanted to edit a feature in the indicated layer. How this can be performed?

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

You will need to enable editing on the hosted feature layer, which can be done in the Settings tab of the feature layer's Item Details page. 

Note: In order for you to be able to implement edits in ArcGIS Online, your account needs to have editing privileges. (this is determined by user type and role)

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

You will need to enable editing on the hosted feature layer, which can be done in the Settings tab of the feature layer's Item Details page. 

Note: In order for you to be able to implement edits in ArcGIS Online, your account needs to have editing privileges. (this is determined by user type and role)

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Many thanks Katherine for the help.

I could enable editing but as editing is applied, I couldn’t figure out how to save the edits!

Jamal Numan
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Once you close the pop-up, the edits should be automatically saved. 

Best,
Katie

- Simon Sinek
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

It works with me Katherine. Thank you

Jamal Numan