ArcGIS Online - Hover vs. Click on Types (Symbols)

Jump to solution
03-01-2016 05:49 AM
AntonioSaavedra
Occasional Contributor

Good morning!

How can I configure my types (symbols) to open information box when the symbols is hover?

Thanks!!!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JacobTodd1
New Contributor III

This functionality does not appear to be possible with ArcGIS Online. If this was a custom JavaScript application, you could configure the popups to behave in this manner. The popup html functionality seems to only allow you to change the layout of the attributes included in the popup. If you have an example of an ArcGIS Online example that does allow you to hover and view attributes, please provide me with the URL for further investigation.

JavaScript example:

Feature layer hover | ArcGIS API for JavaScript

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JacobTodd1
New Contributor III

This functionality does not appear to be possible with ArcGIS Online. If this was a custom JavaScript application, you could configure the popups to behave in this manner. The popup html functionality seems to only allow you to change the layout of the attributes included in the popup. If you have an example of an ArcGIS Online example that does allow you to hover and view attributes, please provide me with the URL for further investigation.

JavaScript example:

Feature layer hover | ArcGIS API for JavaScript

0 Kudos
AntonioSaavedra
Occasional Contributor

Jacob,

Thanks

I am working on this map http://arcg.is/1TkwrqP for the Boy Scouts of America in ArcGIS Online and they asked me if I could provide the hover functionality instead of clicking on a symbol.

Carlos

Sent from Windows Mail

0 Kudos