ArcGIS Online Group Configuration - Visibility Permissions?

08-26-2020 02:23 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there, 

I currently have Group set up on ArcGIS Online, but I keep running into the "Error During Invite" warning, stating that their account type doesn't match my account type, therefore the user does not have sufficient privileges to join the group. The intention of the group I have set up is for the collaboration of multiple different organizations - therefore some users will have organizational accounts and some will have public accounts. The data in this group cannot be viewable to the public, and the group members do not need to be able to manipulate or edit/add to the data in any way. I've tried fiddling with the settings to figure out how to have it to allow public accounts to be added to the group without the group being discoverable by the public but I keep running in circles. Any suggestions on what my permissions configuration should look like? And will I have to create a new group or can I edit the permissions on the group I already have created (I know there are some configurations that cannot be changed after you create the group and I would like to avoid that if at all possible). 

Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks!

ArcGIS Online

GIS

#groups

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
SamButler2
Esri Contributor

Hi Lauren, 

Public accounts do not have the ability to create or join private groups and cannot join groups owned by an organization or invite organizational accounts to join groups owned by the public account. Our documentation for Sharing Items mentions this at the bottom of the page. 

Regards, 

Sam 

0 Kudos