Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS online Date field is not adjusting when new data is appended

01-13-2023 07:40 AM
AlexManikas
New Contributor

I am having the issue of the date and time field in my web layer not adjusting to the time zone that I originally set it as when I created it. I made sure to pick the correct time zone (EST) when I initially created the web layer and have had no issues with the original data that I uploaded. The moment I append new data the appended data does not adjust to EST. 

What is the point of setting a web layers time zone if any new data coming in will not be adjusted as well?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Saka_support
Esri Contributor

Hello Alex,

Totally, I would feel the same, so I did some research for you. I found a bug that is currently in the product plan with the following synopsis: "Unable to choose a time zone or use the previously chosen time zone when overwriting an Excel file in ArcGIS Online that includes time and address fields." Does this sound applicable to your situation? If not, please share more details with me regarding what kind of data and elaborate?

If that is the case:

• It seems like the issue only occurs with excel sheet xlsx form. CSV format works fine, can you please try that? In other words, please use CSV format being added to ArcGIS online and then Overwriting the Table. 
  • Alternatively, you can overwrite from ArcGIS Pro.  Add the Table to ArcGIS Pro > Sharing > Overwrite Table > Configuration > Configure Parameters > Date Fields > Time zone.

I hope this helps!

Saka D
ArcGIS Analyst | Esri
0 Kudos