Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Online custom attribute display showing Domain Codes not Domain Descriptions

06-30-2022 04:24 AM
Labels (2)
OliverIshmael
Occasional Contributor II

My feature class has Coded Value Domains defined and I have configured popups in ArcGIS Online to display custom attributes. While this works, it is displaying the Domain Codes not the Domain Descriptions. 

How can I fix this?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
OliverIshmael

Apologies, I'm using this Feature layer: Recreation Asset Inspection v7

It contains:

• a Furniture point Layer (against which I have defined domains for most fields);
  • a related Table of Furniture Inspections.

The layer I initially quoted to you is a snapshot of this showing only the most recent Furniture Inspection records, which I created by doing a Join using the Analysis tool in Map Viewer Classic. I was previously outputting the results as a Hosted Feature Layer View, which was able to display the domain descriptions (I have shared with you a new Web Map called Hosted Feature Layer View that illustrates this), but this does not work in an offline environment. So now I'm having to deselect the Hosted Feature Layer View option when I create the analysis join and save the join results as a separate feature class. But as you point out this doesn't appear to copy over the domains. 

So how can I work around this?

0 Kudos
OliverIshmael

@RussRoberts and @KenBuja Do you know if the issue of the domains not being copied over to the feature class is a fault or by design?

…and how I can modify my workflow to overcome this?

0 Kudos