Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Online - Configure Popup (web map)

Jump to solution
09-03-2014 08:38 AM
ChrisHolmes
Occasional Contributor III

Good day,

I have an editable layer which allows users to add a point to a map and input information (i.e. Name, Email, Phone, Comment). I would like it so that I can gather all attibutes but would only like the popup to display the comment field afterwards when anyone clicks on the point. It seems that the initial data entry is being done through the popup. So if I choose to only display the comment, then that's the only field available for the data entry. Any ideas as to how I can have all 4 fields available for the data entry but then only display the comment subsequently when the point is clicked?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Go to "Configure Pop-up" and choose under Display "A Custom Attribute Display" and then press Configure to only add the Comment field (The plus on the far right will enable you to add fields).

Now if they edit a point they will be able to fill out everything but the popup itself will only show that one field.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

Go to "Configure Pop-up" and choose under Display "A Custom Attribute Display" and then press Configure to only add the Comment field (The plus on the far right will enable you to add fields).

Now if they edit a point they will be able to fill out everything but the popup itself will only show that one field.

Reynaldde_Castro
Occasional Contributor

In addition to Tim's response you can select the field for 'Display' or 'Edit' within the pop up configuration

0 Kudos
ChrisHolmes

Yes, but what I found when playing around with that was that if I unchecked ‘edit’ for a field then when adding a new point that field is disabled and I cannot enter data into it.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
ChrisHolmes

Thanks Tim. Your guidance with the ‘custom attribute display’ is what I was looking for! Great help.

Chris

0 Kudos
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

If that works, don't forget to mark the right answer

0 Kudos
ChrisHolmes

So what I'm finding is that while I'm able to make is so that when a person adds a new point they see all fields and when you are not in edit mode you can click on any point and only the comment displays. What I'm finding is that when you are in edit mode (to add a new point) you can click on any existing point and you will see all fields displaying. Is there something I can do so that only when adding a new point, all fields are available?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
TimWitt2
MVP Alum

I doubt it, since there is only edit mode (shows everything that can be edited) and "no edit mode" which shows just the comment.

The only way I would think is if you create your own javascript api application.

0 Kudos
ChrisHolmes

Thanks Tim.

0 Kudos