Select to view content in your preferred language

arcgis online basemap tiles glitching in chrome

Jump to solution
10-11-2017 02:39 PM
ChrisBehee1
New Contributor II

Anyone get basemap tile glitches like the white areas shown below?  This is happening with the esri dark grey basemap.  Typically only in Chrome.  Clearing browser cache doesn't fix it....

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisBehee1
New Contributor II

Russel,

This morning I opened each of the three web maps that have this issue in the Bellingham Bike Map storymap application. I deleted and then re-inserted the dark-grey esri basemap, and saved my changes in each web map. This seems to have solved the issue for the moment. It's like the individual webmaps were hanging onto some previous tiling scheme or something… strange since it's all coming from the same server, but the re-load seems to have fixed it. I'll let you know if it crops up again.

Chris

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

I haven't seen this, what version of Chrome are you using?

0 Kudos
ChrisBehee1
New Contributor II

Hi Russel,

It's the current version (61.0.3163.100, 64-bit).

Here's the direct link to the map that is doing this.

http://arcg.is/115C1u

Chris

0 Kudos
ChrisBehee1
New Contributor II

Russel,

This morning I opened each of the three web maps that have this issue in the Bellingham Bike Map storymap application. I deleted and then re-inserted the dark-grey esri basemap, and saved my changes in each web map. This seems to have solved the issue for the moment. It's like the individual webmaps were hanging onto some previous tiling scheme or something… strange since it's all coming from the same server, but the re-load seems to have fixed it. I'll let you know if it crops up again.

Chris

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Thanks for posting an update, will keep an eye out on the issue.

0 Kudos