ArcGIS Image for ArcGIS Online Multidimensional data

10-20-2022 05:03 AM
AlessioDiLorenzo
New Contributor III

Hi, 

I have the ArcGIS Image for ArcGIS Online extension enabled in my subscription. What I'm trying to do is to create an image collection uploading a bunch of tiff rasters. 
The process always ends in error and after loading all the rasters it fails to produce the image collection. I'm sure something wrong, but what?
Is there another way to use ArcGIS online to host multidimensional Image Services?

11 Replies
AlessioDiLorenzo
New Contributor III

Hi @JeffreySwain,

this example is really useful and, yes, my need is to have a time-cube to update regularly with a python scheduled procedure. It is a workflow already in use and I just wanted to use arcgis image for arcgis online to host images instead of our arcgis server.
In the next few days I will study the example you shared carefully

0 Kudos
JeffreySwain
Esri Regular Contributor

The updating of an existing imagery layer in ArcGIS Online is something that is only available currently as a dynamic image collection, but depending on the workflow, size, and the update schedule perhaps smaller .crf based imagery layers that can be deleted and replaced may work in the meantime. It all depends on the desired workflow and usage. The multidim process I described will unlock the data in map viewer to be visualized similarly to what you can with other netCDF based or other multidimensional data. If you are not as interested in using those tools like you see here. 

JeffreySwain_1-1668609154555.png

Then the image collection with the image filtering may be desired. Feel free to reach out to discuss some more and work through your workflow. 

0 Kudos