ArcGIS.com on Google Chrome Not Loading

Jump to solution
04-13-2020 10:34 AM
CurtisDeVault
Occasional Contributor

For a long time now I have had issues with ArcGIS Online not loading correctly on Google Chrome (always kept up to date) on various computers from different locations. I login and then just get greeted with this loading animation.

Normally the text "loading" is below the graphic and if that text doesn't show up the web page just sits there and spins. It usually takes a few refreshes in order to get ArcGIS Online to load. I'm surprised I haven't found anyone else online experiencing this issue but can replicate it on several computers at different places. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CurtisDeVault
Occasional Contributor

I finally found the culprit, it was an addon called "Windows Remix ClickOnce Helper" that I had used to access certain applications for work using Chrome. Once removed everything went back to normal with ArcGIS Online. I would recommend if others are experiencing a similar issue, try things out in a fresh Chrome without any addons.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
CurtisDeVault
Occasional Contributor

Surely I can't be the only one experiencing this...

AisahTaufik_Hidayat_Abdullah
New Contributor

Hi, I encountered the same issue. Have you find the solution? please do share. I still exploring what might cause this sudden changes.
Thanks in advance Curtis DeVault

0 Kudos
CurtisDeVault
Occasional Contributor

Unfortunately I have not....just fighting this issue really bad right now. Apologies I missed your reply. 

0 Kudos
Oates_Admin
New Contributor

I have been having the same problem for couple of weeks now. 

0 Kudos
CurtisDeVault
Occasional Contributor

My issue was attributed to a Chrome addon (see below). I would recommend  either removing addons one by one until ArcGIS.com works or create a new Chrome profile and go from there. I realized that didn't post didn't get marked as the solution for my original question.

0 Kudos
Henry_PeleshBW
Occasional Contributor

I have had a similar issue, particularly with trying to load an ArcGIS Experience Builder Application on Google Chrome (also kept up to date). The layer list loads correctly, however the map remains blank.

0 Kudos
EmmaSchultz1
New Contributor III

Curtis, Henry, 

Have you found a solution for this problem? None of my hosted feature layers load on the maps in google chrome - they are all unavailable.. Chrome is the newest version, all hosted layers are https, I deleted my cache and cookies from the sites to no avail. I sadly have to use AGOL from Microsoft Edge. I am also getting weird behaviour with the layers in Firefox (They do not respond, do not load, after refreshing the map 10 times it finally works). 

Are you two still having issues? 

0 Kudos
Henry_PeleshBW
Occasional Contributor

Hi Emma,

I am not experiencing any issues with my hosted feature layers loading in Google Chrome anymore. How long has your problem been occurring? Is it with specific applications? Or do the hosted feature layers not load at the visualization tab of AGOL? Would you be able to share one of the layers/applications?

Henry

0 Kudos
EmmaSchultz1
New Contributor III

Hi Henry, I apologize from the late post. 

My problem started occurring summer 2020 and I finally discovered the issue. My hosted feature layers are unresponsive and are unable to load when I am connected to my works network through VPN! There is an extra proxy/ firewall when through VPN and the hosted layers try to load a second time, causing them to be unresponsive. Thankfully if I disconnect from VPN, everything works fine. 

Thank you for your reply last month. 

Emma