Append to Related Table in AGOL

05-09-2019 12:03 PM
SteveLane
New Contributor II

Hey All-

So, I jumped for joy at the prospect of being able to append data to my related tables directly in AGOL without having to go through the sometimes dubious process of making a local copy of my data and then doing the append in ArcMap. Or the slightly less dubious bet definitely more time consuming process of doing it through Pro.

BUT, I have tried every way since sunday, and I cannot seem to get the AGOL append tool to function on my datasets. 1:M relationship, field matching is 100%, but when I pull the trigger, I get the "There was an error appending the uploaded data to the layer" message. Note, I have never tried this with spatial data, and I know that in the documentation somewhere it mentioned having your coordinates set to decimal degrees.

So is appending nonspatial data to related tables not supported at this point? Anyone been able to do this?

Cheers

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been able to do this on many occasions. However, I've found it's worked with some Hosted Features Layers and not others, despite being setting up in the same way with a 1:M relationship so its been very hit and miss tool. Normally if the tool fails in AGOL I then run the append tool in Pro with the same data set and it works straight away...

One bug I did find online is that the append tool does not work if you have more than one table in a relationship against a single Hosted Feature layer with both relationships based using the GlobalID of the Hosted Feature layer. 

0 Kudos
SteveLane
New Contributor II

OK, I have figured this out. When you export a CSV file from web app builder, it exports with a default coordinate system and wkid number which it appends to the CSV file in the last three fields. If you delete the trailing default x/y/wkid fields in your csv before you upload it, you can successfully upload and append data to your existing related table. I'm not sure why this works, but it does.

0 Kudos