Append data to hosted feature layer not working?

08-28-2018 11:03 AM
MattStarry
Occasional Contributor

I'm attempting to append some data (zipped geodatabase) to a hosted feature layer in ArcGIS online. The same process that I have been using for months never completes. I am able to pick the zipped geodatabase, specify that it is a geodatabase, it will analyze and ask me whether or not to "update existing features". When I click "Apply Updates" it looks like it is working but stays stuck on the loading page. I have a polygon and a point layer that I have been updating this way and it is no longer working for either.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
MattStarry
Occasional Contributor

Tried the exact same process today with the same zipped geodatabase and it works.

0 Kudos
IngridMans
Occasional Contributor

I am experiencing this same problem now myself with a zipped shapefile. Is there no other comment or advice? 

0 Kudos
MattStarry
Occasional Contributor

Esri looks to be experiencing performance issues with hosted feature services. I think that's what my issue was.

ArcGIS Online Health Dashboard 

0 Kudos
TimothyKing3
Occasional Contributor

Having the same issue today with a zipped geodatabase.

0 Kudos
SamanthaGriffore
Occasional Contributor

Having the same issue today with a .csv file. Has been "Applying Updates" for at least 10 mins now....afraid to cancel for fear of affecting my original data. Only 45 new features being appended. I used the map fields option as my fields were slightly different in name.

Any advice?

0 Kudos
SamanthaGriffore
Occasional Contributor

So apparently it worked, but it never finished "Applying Updates". I clicked the X (Cancel) and then checked my feature layer. All of my appended data was there. Phew!

0 Kudos
DataOfficer
Occasional Contributor III

Having the same issue today (screenshot below). It is just hanging at 'Applying updates'. 

attached). 

0 Kudos