Anyone implemented an "Adopt a road" type web application?

Jump to solution
03-21-2019 10:09 AM
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

Like the title suggests, I'm interested in seeing if anyone has implemented an "adopt a road" (or other feature) where the public could view designated areas, view their status (feature has been adopted or is available), and "sign up" to adopt a feature.

In the U.S., this is commonly done where groups pledge to do trash removal along public road segments (hence the name). In my case, I'm interested in maybe implementing this for environmental activism and based on polygon features rather than lineal segments.

Seems like a great candidate for an ESRI web app template. 

Thanks!

Steve

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AndyShoemaker
Esri Contributor

Steve, sounds like you may be interested in our Adopta Solution.

From your description, it sounds like this is exactly what you are looking for. 

https://solutions.arcgis.com/local-government/help/adopta/

Andy

Andy Shoemaker

View solution in original post

6 Replies
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, I just came across this one the other day and it's really nice. It left me with a few questions and I wanted to search to see if maybe they had done an ESRI UC presentation about it but haven't had the time to look.

0 Kudos
AndyShoemaker
Esri Contributor

Steve, sounds like you may be interested in our Adopta Solution.

From your description, it sounds like this is exactly what you are looking for. 

https://solutions.arcgis.com/local-government/help/adopta/

Andy

Andy Shoemaker
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, Andrew. That's definitely  what I was looking for. Is there anyway to implement this with AGOL rather than self hosted ArcGIS Server?

0 Kudos
AndyShoemaker
Esri Contributor

Glad to help!

You can host the data in ArcGIS Online.

However, the Geoprocessing Service must be on ArcGIS Server. Additionally, Web AppBuilder for Developers is also required since the GP service is consumed by a custom widget which comes with the download.

Andy Shoemaker
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

Ah, I was afraid of that. Thanks!

0 Kudos